The training explores the skills required to introduce mindfulness confidently in workplace settings and build a practice in the field. Succinct presentations on relevant theories and concepts are blended with opportunities for hands-on practice, experiential learning and real-world applications through case study simulations and real-world assignments.
The course is for experienced mindfulness teachers, who are teaching Mindfulness-Based Programmes in line with the UK Good Practice Guidelines and meet the criteria shown.
Teaching Block 1
1. Understanding the evolving workplace context
2. The psychology of entrepreneurship: navigating your fears
3. Unique positioning: finding your niche
4. Expanding your visibility and exposure
5. Holding intentional client conversations
6. Teaching methods for introducing mindfulness
Teaching Block 2
7. Leveraging insights from the latest workplace research
8. Applied teaching methods: adapting curricula to client needs
9. Applied teaching methods: mindfulness for leaders and teams
10. Developing your workplace-centric offering
11. Inquiry in the workplace
12. Evaluating the effectiveness of interventions
13. Embedding mindfulness in organisations
In-between teaching blocks 1 and 2, participants will be expected to:
Participants should allow for 2 to 3 hours of homework and preparation in between sessions each week.
A Certificate of Readiness to Teach in the Workplace will be available for all participants who have attended, actively participated in both training blocks and completed all training assignments
It takes place Friday mornings over two blocks of 6 sessions each 15th March – 15th November 2024:
Times: from 8:30am – 1:00pm with optional networking /practice from 8:00am to 8:30am.
I’m a mindfulness teacher, trainer and supervisor. In my role as consultant to the OMF, I have supported the development of the OMF’s international collaborations and implementation of training pathway changes. Read more here
I’m a Chartered Counselling Psychologist registered with the BPS and HCPC and Mindfulness MBSR trainer. Mindfulness has had a powerful influence on my life whether working with individuals or teams in public or private sector organisations or while I’m rowing on the Thames near our home in Twickenham.